The green lung of Paris
The Tuileries Garden takes its name from the tile factories that stood where Queen Catherine de Medici had the Tuileries Palace built in 1564, which has since disappeared. The famous king's gardener, André Le Nôtre, gave it from 1664 its current appearance of a French garden. The garden, which separates the Louvre from the Place de la Concorde, is a place for strolling and culture for Parisians and tourists, where the statues of Maillol rub shoulders with those of Rodin or Giacometti. The two pools are ideal for relaxation. The Orangery Museum in which visitors admire Monet’s works is located southwest of the Tuileries. From March to December, free tours only in French are organized. And for lovers of cotton candy, rides and thrills, go to the Fête des Tuileries, from June to August.